Subject: fireworks (was image sequences) COMMERCIAL!
From: [email-masked] (Alan Lloyd)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 14:27:35 -0700

-> From: "Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]>
->
-> > Does anyone know where to find some realistic image-sequences of ex
-> > to use in animations?
-> > I know there is a Pyromania CD-rom, but I can't afford that.....
->
-> Digital Action CD-ROM is going to be released soon.. it has 3
-> fireworks explosions (great for showers of sparks) that can be clip
-> mapped. And the best part (aside from it being a regularly released
-> CD-ROM) is it only has a LIST price of $50 US... I expect the
-> actually selling price to be around $50 CDN though (Aprox $36 US)

I have loads of fireworks on BetaSP for digitization.  Designer
explosions are also available now that the weather has improved in the
Midwest.

Be advised - designer explosions are NOT cheap.  Your cost will equal
Betacam rental plus however much the pyrotechnician charges, and
materials costs.  Already shot fireworks footage is available more
reasonably.